• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Your top two worse Steelers losses ever.

pinkcookies26

Reaction score
1994 AFC Championship
1995 Super Bowl
Hate to say it but so many more through the years.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Super Bowl loss to Green Bay. Steelers had all of the momentum and were driving for the win if not for the fumble.

Realistically, probably the Super Bowl loss to the Cowboys, but my blood never boiled more than the Jesse James caught it game against the Patriots. Probably the only loss I've been flat out angry over.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
SB loss to Dallas

The loss to San Diego stung bad, but the loss against Denver in the conference final at home really sucked. That was the 97 team but the game was in 98. There were a lot of my favorite players on that team I was hoping would get a shot at a ring. Yelling "Norm!" never got old when he hit an extra point or field goal.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
that 76 raider loss sucked as did the 94 loss....well every playoff loss sucks....jags/denver anyone??

and of course the two Super owl losses sucked...especially to the cowboys.

but like I said, the one that sticks with me is the ******* jesse james game

My older son loves to randomly ask me if Jesse James caught that ball....little ******** that he is

so many tough losses, but countered by so many great wins...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Top three would be SB losses and the Jesse James catch loss for me. We can throw in the embarrassing Jags and Browns(see last playoff game) playoff losses as well as well as the Tebow loss.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Loss to GB in the SB.

Loss to Dallas in the SB.
This, losses in the big game blow away anything else.

That 1994 SD game was blown up by the "experts" making everyone thinking we should roll them. They were alot better than anyone gave them credit for. They played in a much tough division than we did, had a top 5 offense and top 10 defense while playing a tougher schedule than us. I don't know why people wanted to and still think we should've just walked over that team.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
2001 AFCC loss. I was at a funeral for my wife's Grandfather, a very huge loss for me and the family, so I missed the game. When I heard of the loss on the radio driving home, I ******* lost it. Like full Badcat lost it. I'm sure it was the emotional state I was in, but it still hurts more than any other loss for me. Then, finding out they were cheating *****, **** the Cheaters with a broken broom handle.

Dallas SB loss. Neil O'Donnel was paid off. He was one of the most accurate passers that year and he gifted Dallas with two of the easiest interceptions ever witnessed in a SB. I've said it here publicly, and I'll re-iterate it now, if I ever see Neil in public I'm going to knock him out. I'll go to jail, I don't care. I'll go all Joe Pesci in My Cousin VInny with a flying right cross and keep walking. :LOL:

SCSteeler4life

Contributor
Reaction score
That Charger team got crushed in the SB. They also barely beat us the last regular season game that year. We rested most of our starters that game and only lost 37-34 I believe. That team had started hot that season and struggled down the stretch going 5-5 to finish the season. We should have killed them , we were double digit favorites. No way the Chargers were the best team in the AFC that year. I'm still bitter about that game.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That Charger team got crushed in the SB. They also barely beat us the last regular season game that year. We rested most of our starters that game and only lost 37-34 I believe. That team had started hot that season and struggled down the stretch going 5-5 to finish the season. We should have killed them , we were double digit favorites. No way the Chargers were the best team in the AFC that year. I'm still bitter about that game.

The worst part of this game was that I lived in SD at the time. It was the last time I smack talked. Won't do it.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
This, losses in the big game blow away anything else.

That 1994 SD game was blown up by the "experts" making everyone thinking we should roll them. They were alot better than anyone gave them credit for. They played in a much tough division than we did, had a top 5 offense and top 10 defense while playing a tougher schedule than us. I don't know why people wanted to and still think we should've just walked over that team.
That SD loss hurt because it was supposed to be our year. The pieces were in place, at home, trip to SB was in their grasps and they lost.

The Dallas SB loss stung even worse. Finally got back and those two INTS were daggers in my heart.

The GB SB loss sucked, but not as bad as Dallas, because I was expecting a loss. The Steelers had so many injuries going into that game, I didn't think we had the horses to compete with Rodgers and Co. I hated losing, of course, but I went in with a realy bad feeling.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
the one that sticks with me is the ******* jesse james game

My older son loves to randomly ask me if Jesse James caught that ball....little ******** that he is
Shortly after that game, I was at work in Phoenix and a rather large, person of color woman, came into the pharmacy. I was at the counseling window going over her medication with her, as she stood there in her Stillers tee shirt. With my last question to her, I causally asked, was it a catch? The skies opened up, her eyes filled with fire, and her BP probably went up 30 points! "Damn right it was a catch!" Everyone in the clinic heard her, it was epic.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the one I was most down right angry about was the Saints in 2019. Those ******* PI calls screwed us so bad and we're such horrible calls.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I think the one I was most down right angry about was the Saints in 2019. Those ******* PI calls screwed us so bad and we're such horrible calls.
that was as frustrating as the Jessie James call. The Steelers were not winning those games no matter what.

Reaction score
The one I attended was 2002 vs the Texans. They amassed 47 total yards and beat us 24-6. Damn you Tommy Maddox.
1994 AFCCG. The freaking Chargers, are you kidding me. The first time as an adult I thought we had a chance to win it all.

PS

Any NE loss from 2001 on since we know they cheated against every team during that time.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
The one I attended was 2002 vs the Texans. They amassed 47 total yards and beat us 24-6. Damn you Tommy Maddox.
1994 AFCCG. The freaking Chargers, are you kidding me. The first time as an adult I thought we had a chance to win it all.

PS

Any NE loss from 2001 on since we know they cheated against every team during that time.
yeah I still cant watch that damn Chargers game. Before that game did anyone know who Alfred Pupunu was? I didnt

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
2001/2004 AFC Finals couldnt sleep for nihjts was so angry
Jessie James game this was bad as I had guests over I was watching in my man cave and at ruling lost it where I wore repeatedly for 10 minutes and throwing x360 controllers and Cola cans.
and 2006 loss vs Raiders where ben thre 3 intc the pick 6 by Nnandi I tosses I think a candle and holder in my parents family room at the wall leaving a crack.