• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Zoom Tailgate?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a great idea that JMM thought up. Let us know your thoughts

I'm/We're curious to know how many folks here would be interested in joining a 40 minute "Zoom Tailgate" before the games for free (up to 100 users).

Then wondering how many would be interested in paying into a subscription that would get you into the Steeler Nation Basement to "watch" the games with others from the Board. Wouldn't it be great to hear your fellow board members (up to 300) yell out "Touchdown!" or "Catch the damn ball!" or "Why the hell didn't they run up the gut? They can't run wide on this team!" or "Why didn't they run to the outside, they had 8 men in the box!" at the same time? It would save a lot of typing and as we all know it's tough to type and drink beer/eat at the same time.

This would be a paid service because a Zoom license would be required to host the meeting. Thinking this would probably have to hold off until next year to set up if there was enough interest.

So what say you?

Is there any interest in the Free Tailgate for up to 100 users before the games?

Any interest in paying a few bucks extra for your SN subscription per year to "watch" the games with fellow SN Board Members and make it a subscribers only event?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be interested. Not sure my wife would be able to take the yelling but she hears me yelling now. Oh, and she's a Browns fan. I have a basic Zoom account but will be upgrading it definitely before next season.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
How does it affect the game thread? Will it limit the game thread to only contributes or is that separate from the zoom idea? Sounds interesting.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking you'd still have both. Its a free country. :becky:

I was just thinking it would be cool if it intertwined with the game thread.

Reactions: JMM

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
the struggle you might have with zoom during the game is video delay. Would mostly impact streamers. Some streams are a good 3-4 minutes behind the live broadcast. Not saying don't do it...I am sure it would be a hoot - especially pre-game.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hoot, I was just going to say that. When I watch on NFL Sunday Ticket, it seems like I am at least a play or two behind what everyone on here has already seen.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hoot, I was just going to say that. When I watch on NFL Sunday Ticket, it seems like I am at least a play or two behind what everyone on here has already seen.

some streams are four or five plays behind.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm down here in Florida where everything is slooooooooowwwww.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Good point. It might be best for pre-game, halftime, post-game, draft party, etc, but for some who are in sync with the video reception, I think it would be a pretty cool use of the functionality.