It looks like the team is getting healthier this week. Tuitt, Watt, Dupree, Bryant, and James are all off of the injury report for the upcoming game. There must be a pretty strong flu making continuing to make its way through the locker room. Bryant missed 2 practices earlier in the week, and James Harrison missed practice on Friday because of it.
The rest of the players are currently listed as questionable. No one is listed as out or doubtful. I am most concerned with Mike Mitchell, since he reinjured his hamstring that kept him out all of the preseason. Sean Davis has been working his way back from an ankle injury, but having both starting safeties banged up, may change the defensive scheme this Sunday.
On the offensive line Ramon Foster is trending up, while Marcus Gilbert is trending down with their respective injuries. It will be interesting to see who suits up this week because of it.
Since no player is listed as Out, it will be more difficult to project the list this week, so I’ll try my best.
I continually update the Injury/Suspension/Inactive/Fine spreadsheet. Bookmark it to track the status of the Steelers each week. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ITv8kcpFE-jqlzgwBpNh0D31bL2YqJnw7a61v3wb33g/edit?usp=sharing
There will be 7 inactive players for the game this week. I believe they will be:
1. Josh Dobbs: Healthy Scratch/ 3rd QB
2. Marcus Gilbert: Starting the week as a full participant on Wed, then working in a limited role on Thu and Fri, is not a good trend for a player trying to return from a hamstring injury. Hubbard and Hawkins should be active in this scenario.
3. Mike Mitchell: His hamstring injury seems like it will nag him all season. I don’t think he will be ready to go this week.
4. Dan McCullers: Tuitt will return this week, and one DL will sit.
5. Matt Feiler: With Foster returning, one backup interior lineman will sit, and it’s usually Matt.
6. James Harrison: I really can’t project him to play this week. He missed practice on Friday, and hasn’t had a snap in 2 weeks. He should be inactive. I think he projects better against the run, and could be active, but his illness may force the coaching staff’s hand this week.
7. Brian Allen: I think Sean Davis will push to play, and if he does, Brian will not. Since the Steelers didn’t promote Jacob Hagen from the practice squad, I have to think Sean can play on his ankle.
I am projecting Justin Hunter to get his first hat this week. If he shows the same fight and ability he showed in the preseason, it will be difficult to keep him inactive moving forward.
Last week I missed on selecting Tuitt, so I went 6 for 7. Bringing my yearly total up to 19/22.