WASHINGTON, PA (July, 17th) — For those of you that didn’t hear, there was an amazing event that took place this past Saturday at Wild Things Park in Washington, PA, just south of Pittsburgh. Several players from the Pittsburgh Steelers, talking media heads in the Pittsburgh area, entertainment personalities and more, all were invited to the Three Rivers Celebrity Softball Game, hosted by former Pitt All-American and NFL player, Dorin Dickerson! Part of the proceeds of the event will go to The Heyward House: The Cameron Heyward Foundation.
Check out the star-studded roster below:
- Dorin Dickerson – West Allegheny High School Alum, All-American TE at the University of Pittsburgh, NFL alum
- Arthur Moats – 2010 6th round pick (Buffalo) in the NFL Draft, four years with Pittsburgh Steelers (2014-17), 11.5 career sacks with Pittsburgh
- Joey Mulinaro – Barstool Sports Personality, Steelers Fan
- Julius Page – Former University of Pittsburgh Men’s Basketball star, 93.7 The Fan Personality
- Zach Banner – Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle
- Alex Highsmith – 2020 3rd round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, LB
- Digs – Anthony DiGuilio, Content Producer for Pat McAfee Inc., the Pat McAfee Show, Heartland Radio Podcast
- Georges Laraque – Former Pittsburgh Penguins player
- Pat Freiermuth – Penn State TE, 2021 2nd round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Morgan Urtso – Yinzhers Podcast
- John Irvin – CEO of Stiller Gang
- Justin Fabus – National Anthem Performer – Keystone Oaks graduate, Country Artist
- Terrell Edmunds – Pittsburgh Steelers safety
- Diontae Johnson – Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver
- Dwayne Haskins – Pittsburgh Steelers QB
- Cam Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers defensive captain, tackle
- Tyson Alualu – Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman
- Kendrick Green – Pittsburgh Steelers OL, 2021 3rd round draft pick
- Colin Dunlap – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host
- Chris Mack – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host
- Andrew Fillipponi – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host, CBS Sports Radio National Host “The Poni Express”
- Paul Zeise – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host
Of course, our very own Morgan Urtso from the Yinzhers Podcast had an opportunity to play in the event! With the amount of popularity and traction the show has gained thus far in a matter of just a few months, having at least one of the Yinzhers co-hosts for this event was a must!
“Honestly, it was amazing to get such a solid group together to represent the city and support The Heyward House. From the players to the media and entertainers, every single person brought that good, magnetic energy, we were all pumped to do something fun for the community. I warned everybody ahead of time that I’m super athletic, so Colby pitched me really tough but that’s just because he was scared, so what can ya do. My favorite part was Joey [Mulinaro] launching that moon shot to left field, running out of the dugout to celebrate with Team Gold was epic. Also extremely surreal to be signing autographs for kids, but it reminded me that what we do at Yinzhers is important and has a real impact.” – Morgan Urtso
The game ended up getting rained out, but that didn’t stop everyone from ending the night with a Home Run Derby featuring players from both teams! There ended up being a few hundred fans in the stands, and it didn’t seem like anyone wanted to leave, rain or shine.
We had an opportunity to also spend lots of time with President & General Manager of the Washington Wild Things, Tony Buccilli. He helped host the event and couldn’t have been more generous and accommodating to all of us here at SteelerNation.com who attended the game.
“We were so honored to host this event for Cam, Charlotte and The Heyward House. Dorin and I poured so much into making this event special for the fans, the sponsors and the participants. Collectively we take great pride in putting on top notch events and the feedback we received across the board has been amazing. I am so appreciative of everyone who made time to participant in the event and all those in attendance supporting the cause. We are eager to see the future of the Three Rivers Celebrity Softball game and we cannot thank all those involved enough.”
Check out more of some of the awesome pics and videos from the game below!
— Washington Wild Things (@WashWildThings) July 18, 2021
— morgan 🐉 (@tokyoXmo) July 18, 2021
#Steelers 🤝 Softball
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) July 18, 2021
I can honestly say this is one of the funnest days I’ve ever had, and I’m so grateful to have been able to participate in this event. This was the first of what everyone involved hopes to be an annual occurrence moving forward.
For more information on The Heyward House, please visit here: https://thecameronheywardfoundation.org/about-us/
A special thanks again to Dorin Dickerson and Tony Buccilli. See yinz next year!